If you answer yes to many or all of these questions, we encourage you to explore ITSAN.org and discuss RSS with your doctor. Click here for the informational ITSAN Brochure to print out and share with your physician and others who need information about this disease.
- Were you diagnosed with eczema or some form of dermatitis?
- Did you begin to treat your rash with an over-the-counter (OTC) or “weak” topical corticosteroid?
- When you stop the creams, or take breaks, does your rash return, turn red, burn, or even start to spread?
- Did your physician write you stronger & stronger prescriptions? Did those stop being effective as well?
- Did the eczema then begin to spread, get worse, and become chronic?
- Do you now have erythema (redness) occurring in small or large areas of the body?
- Is your redness accompanied by a burning sensation?
- Do you think you are photosensitive or allergic to the sun?
- Have you been patch-tested for skin allergies or contact dermatitis?
- Were the patch test results inconclusive as to what is causing the rash?
- Did you have a skin biopsy returned as “non-specific spongiotic dermatitis”?
- Have you avoided everything that could be an allergen, such as cosmetics, chemicals, sun, clothing, bedding, and a large array of suspected allergens?
- Have you tried elimination diets and various alternative treatments, but nothing helped?
- Have you bought expensive air filters, water purifiers, and other hypo-allergenic products?
- Have you ripped out carpet, torn down curtains, and gotten rid of potentially offending fabrics?
- Is the condition of your skin still the worst it’s ever been?
Dr. Wang Herbal Skincare
Dr. Wang Herbal Skincare is founded by a father-son team, which consists of renowned dermatologist and herbalist with decades of clinical and research experiences. The Eczema Ointment can help to relieve itch and to restore healthier skin in people with Topical Steroids Withdrawal Syndrome. The herbs are selected based on their anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, and combined with natural oils, beeswax, shea butter and Vitamin E to rebuild skin barrier. 20% off all orders with code: ITSAN2015
The Home Apothecary
Born from a personal journey through RSS, The Home Apothecary makes body balms that contain no chemicals or fillers, steroids or man made antibiotics. The essential oils used in our balms are therapeutic, food grade, organic oils of the highest quality and all of balms and body care can be customized per allergies. 15% off all orders with code: REDSKINFRIEND
Elta Skin and Wound Care
Elta® skin care and wound care products are widely used by burn centers, hospitals, and extended care facilities. Physicians and health care practitioners trust Elta products for use by patients with acute and chronic skin conditions.
Give the Children’s Book
Make a donation to ITSAN of $50 or more and we will send you the children’s book “Taming the Scratchy Monster” as a thank you gift. The Scratchy Monster was invented by Keira Ventura, a child healed from topical steroid withdrawal, and written by fellow red skin warrior and author Louise Jones.